BOOKS AND BOOK CHAPTERS
- Ryan, T., Laster, B., & Cobb, J. (2017). Guatemala and United States Collaborative Partnership Renews Teaching and Learning. In P. Blessingger and B. Cozza (Eds.), University Partnerships for Preservice and Teacher Development: Innovations in Higher Education Teaching andLearning. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Hanlon, A., Wilson, C., Horner, D., & Ryan, T. (2017). University Partnerships for Preservice and Teacher Development. In P. Blessing and B. Cozza (Eds.), University Partnerships for Preservice and Teacher Development: Innovations in Higher Education Teaching and Learning. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Bowers, E, Laster, B., Gurvitz, D., Ryan, T., Cobb, J., & Vazzano, J. (2017). Using video reflection and virtual supervision to build reflective capacity in a clinical practicum setting in Josephine Ryan, Robyn Brandenbury, Melita Jones, and Kathryn Glassweell (editors) Reflective Theories in Teacher Education Practice. Springer. http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-981-10-3431-2_8
- Cobb, J., Ryan, T., & Laster, B. (2016). Renewal in the land of eternal spring: Teacher educators reflecting on their practice. In J. Rhodes and T. Milbey (Eds.), Advancing Teacher Education and Curriculum Development through Study Abroad Programs, Pennsylvania: IGI Global. http://www.igi-global.com/chapter/renewal-in-the-land-of-eternal-spring/141073
- Ryan, T. (2013). Designing an off-campus clinic. In E.T. Ortlieb & E. H. Cheek (Eds.), Advanced Literacy Practices: From the Clinic to the Classroom. Emerald Group Publishing. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/S2048-0458%282013%290000002006
- Deeney, T., Dozier, C., Smit, J., Davis, S., Laster, B., Applegate, M. D., Cobb, J., Gaunty-Porter, P., Gurvitz, D., McAndrews, S., Ryan, T., Eeg, M., Sargent, S., Swanson, M., Dubert, L., Morewood, A., & Milby, T. (2011). University clinic experiences that promote transfer to school contexts: What matters in clinical teacher preparation. In P. Dunston, L. Gambrell, K. Headley, P. Stecker, S. Fullerton, V. Gillis, & C. C. Bates (Eds.). 60th Yearbook of the Literacy Research Association. Milwaukee, WI.
- Labbo, L. D., & Ryan, T. (2010). Traversing the literacies landscape: A semiotic perspective on early literacy acquisition and digital literacies instruction. In B. A. Baker (Ed.), The new literacies: Multiple perspectives on research and practice. New York: Guilford Press.
- Labbo, L.D., Love, M.S., Park, M., Hubbard, B., & Ryan, T. (2006). Literature links: Thematic units linking read-alouds and computer activities. Newark, DE: International Reading Association.
- Laster, B., Tysseling, L., Stinnett, M., Wilson, J., Cherner, T., Curwen, M., Ryan, T., and Huggins, S.(2016). Effective Use of Tablets (iPads) for Multimodal Literacy Learning: What We Learn from Reading Clinics/Literacy Labs. The App Teacher. http://appedreview.com/blog/effective-use-tablets-ipads-multimodal-literacy-learning-learn-reading-clinicsliteracy-labs/.
- Ryan, T. (2014). All children deserve a quality reading education. SouthEast Education Network, 116.1, 117-118. http://www.seenmagazine.us/Articles/Article-Detail/articleid/3828/all-children-deserve-a-quality-reading-education
- Ryan, T. (2012). Digital teachers reshaping literacy experiences. Kappa Delta Pi Record, 48(2), 92-94. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00228958.2012.680390
- Labbo, L. D., Love, M. S., & Ryan, T. (2007). A vocabulary flood: Making words “sticky” with computer response activities, The Reading Teacher, 60(6), 582- 588.http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1598/RT.60.6.10/full
- Labbo, L. D., & Ryan, T. (2006) The social semiotics of multimedia, case-based instruction in pre-service teacher literacy methods courses. Journal of Reading Education, 32(1), 38- 41.
- Labbo, L. D., Love, M. S., & Ryan, T. (2006). Informing our vision for literacy through technology. Language Arts, 83(5), 453.
- Ryan, T. (2016, July). 2015 ILA Technology and Literacy Award Winners Help Students Become Lifelong Readers. literacyworldwide.org/…/2015-ila-technology-and-literacy-award-winners-help-students-become-lifelong-readers
- Ryan, T. (2015, July). Using mobile devices and apps to create and manage classroom libraries. International Literacy Association. Literacy Daily Segment. http://www.literacyworldwide.org/blog/digital-literacies/literacy-daily/2015/07/31/using-mobile-devices-and-apps-to-create-and-manage-classroom-libraries
- Ryan, T. (2014, August). IRA Technology and Reading Award Winner Brings Positive Change to Title 1 Students. Reading Today Online.
- Ryan, T. (2013, September). TILE-SIG Feature: Using Apps to Facilitate Vocabulary Learning. Reading Today Online.
- Ryan, T. (2013, June). TILE-SIG Feature: Award winner engages students through social networking, mobile devices. Reading Today Online.
- Ryan, T. (2012, November). TILE-SIG Feature: Educational blogs informing teaching and learning. Reading Today Online.
- Ryan, T. (2012, July). TILE-SIG announces 2012 reading research award recipient. Reading Today Online.
- Ryan, T. (2012, June). TILE-SIG feature: Create “internet” professional development journeys this summer. Reading Today Online.
- Ryan, T. (2011, November). Regional winners of IRA award for technology and reading use digital technologies to transform teaching and learning. Reading Today Online.